I have finally come to accept that every weekend is a busy weekend. I need to write it out loud because I have been in denial for five years now about having free time on the weekends. My mind always hoped for a free time, but there is always something to do. If I am not studying for midterms or finals, I am doing photography work. If I’m not doing photography, I am filming. If I’m not filming, I am at a typical Filipino family party. If I’m not with family, I am making time for my close friends. I accept it and I am grateful for it. I am grateful for the fact that my weekends are meant to be productive and meant to have time set aside for the people I love (Mark, my siblings, my niece, my parents, my best friends). Every weekend is a busy weekend and it has been this way since I started college. Although now, the difference is, now that I accept it, I don’t complain about how it goes by “too quickly” or how I don’t have enough time anymore. Aside from my mini spiel, last weekend and this past weekend has been rather eventful.
LAST WEEKEND (SATURDAY 3/07 – SUNDAY 3/08):
- On Saturday, I ran my first 5K at the Orange County Heart & Stroke Walk/Run. So, along with running a 5K, I walked an extra 5K through the Anaheim Angels Stadium! Thank you American Heart Association for having #TeamActivateHealth there with open arms :)
- After the run, I knocked out and had a very long rejuvenating nap.
- Later that night, I went to Yen’s 24th birthday party! It was basically a mini high school reunion. I have yet to post the vlog on my YouTube channel.
- On Sunday, I studied all morning and afternoon.
- Then, I went to do a photography job.
- After that, I partied with my family and danced ZUMBA for my great aunt’s 70th birthday. The taco man and the sushi man at the party were awesome!
THIS PAST WEEKEND (FRIDAY 3/13 – SUNDAY 3/15):
- On Friday, I rushed home from work in LA to take my younger brother and niece to the 5th Annual Santiago Canyon College (SCC) Community Science Night. Fun Fact: I was vice president in the SCC student government the first year this event was held. I volunteered at this event for three years, then my sister took over and started volunteering the two years after. My family and I have been going to this science night every year since then! (Click here to watch the vlog from this night)
- After the science night, my parents babysitted the munchkins so my sister and I went out to watch the Cinderella movie. I just have to say… it was so good. Even though it is a classic and I knew the storyline, I felt like I was watching it for the first time again.
- Saturday was a photography-filled day of booked photoshoot after photoshoot after photoshoot. I had so much fun taking photos with my friend Josie, also known as Miss Garden Grove Outstanding Teen 2015, right before the sun went down.
- When I got home after the busy day, I found out that my parents randomly bought a new car! I’m kidding… They have been thinking and talking about it for months now, but I did not know they would actually/finally go through with it this past weekend. My parents bought the BMW M-series, manual drive beauty and I believe they absolutely deserve it.
- To celebrate, we ate at BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse. Thank goodness they are one of the few restaurants we know that is open late on weekends.
- Today (Sunday) was a day just for studying and doing homework.
PHOTO REEL OF MY WEEKENDS:
From start to finish with my girls!
At the Angels Stadium of Anaheim
With the birthday boy! Happy 24th Birthday Yen!
Nothing but love for these girls ♡♡♡
My other half, who keeps me grounded… and sane.
The high school trio ♡
Visit RachelBulosanPhotography.com for inquiries!
Beautiful decorations done by Uncle Odie :)
Meet the amazing videographer/my sister ♡
High School Couple of the Year: Noah & Hannah!
With my auntie/the birthday girl!
According to us, this is Zumba-esque.
At this point of the night, Jenelle refuses to take pictures.
Nicholas “balancing the (fake) crawfish”.
Waiting for December 2015… STAR WARS EPISODE VII!!!
Visiting my sister at her volunteering station. Making GOOP!
Miss Garden Grove Outstanding Teen 2015, Josie Pearce.
Exploring Downtown Garden Grove ♡
“B-T-W, we bought a B-M-dub…”
@rachelbulosan: “Welcome to the family BMdub! I am so proud of how far my parents have come! From high school to being a military couple to moving from Hawaii to California to working their way up in the engineering world while raising a family of six… You both absolutely deserve this ❤”
My mom being adorable and excited… and scared at the same time (scared because she has not driven a manual car since her VW lime green bug in high school LOL).
Amongst other projects I worked on today, I completed my first fashion designer profile of Rachel Zoe. I have decided that I want to be a part-time professional poster board layout maker. #hireme
I am ready for this week. One of my classes are cancelled tomorrow (Monday) because it is conference week. I have a day off on Tuesday to study for midterms and catch up to work. Empire’s two-hour season finale airs on Wednesday. I’m writing a letter to a famous football player on Thursday. I have work on Friday. AND I have a smog check on Saturday. That went south pretty quickly… lol. Sorry about the anti-climactic list. I hope you have a great week!